Collection and Use of Personal Information
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on MMD’s latest product announcements, specials, discounts or events that directly relate to MMD Equipment.
- MMD may also use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive from you. Your e-mail address will not be used for any other purpose or shared with outside third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by selecting the “unsubscribe from this list” link in the footer of each message. The recipient need only click the link and insert their e-mail address when prompted to unsubscribe from future messages.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services and content.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve MMD’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as, unique device identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses from computers and other devices that visit the Site, referrer URL, location, and the time zone so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products and services. This information is aggregated to provide general information regarding the Site’s users.
- We may also use non-personal aggregate information to improve our Site. For example, our Internet Service Providers may report to us that there were a particular number of visitors to a certain area of our Site, or that a number of businesses or a certain number of individuals completed our registration forms in particular areas of our Site. Such information may also be used to analyze the effectiveness of our business.
Cookies and Other Technologies
The Site may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our Site people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of our Site and web searches. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information. To the extent that non-personal information is combined with personal information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information for the purposes of this Policy.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, information about the pages visited and the time spent on each web page or area of the Site and clickstream data.
In addition, the Site includes cookies and other technologies from third parties including Google Analytics. Google Analytics mainly uses first-party cookies to report on user interactions on Google Analytics customers’ websites. These cookies are used to store non-personally identifiable information. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains. For more information regarding the Google Analytics cookies, please visit their information page at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
You do not have to accept our cookies and you may set your browser to restrict their use and you may delete them after they have been placed on your hard drive or other storage device. If you do not accept or delete our cookies, some areas of the Site may take more time to work, or may not function properly.
Protection of Personal Information
MMD takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We maintain security measures in place in order to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information (personally identifiable or otherwise) under our control.
MMD makes reasonable efforts to ensure that our Internet Service Providers have implemented security measures to assist with safeguarding your Personal Information, and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure.
Notwithstanding our efforts, the Internet has inherent security risks. MMD cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information, personal searches, and other communications will always remain secure. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose your Personal Information on our Site. Accordingly, MMD assumes no responsibility or liability for disclosure of your information (personally identifiable or otherwise) due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other causes beyond MMD’s reasonable control.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times, MMD may use the services of independent companies to provide certain services to you, including, without limitation, website hosting services, credit card processing, order processing and shipping services (“Internet Service Providers” or “Authorized Third Parties”). MMD may share your Personal Information with the Internet Service Providers as appropriate. MMD will not share Personal Information with outside third parties without your consent, except to the extent necessary to complete your request for products and services offered through the Site.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for MMD to disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Site may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
MMD’s Site is a general audience website. The Site’s content is not directed toward children who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If MMD or its Internet Service Providers become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. If you have questions about Personal Information that may have been submitted by a child, please email us at email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS)
- California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how MMD responds to "Do Not Track" browser settings. MMD does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
From time to time, we may revise this Policy to reflect changes in the law or technology, or changes in our practices regarding information collection and use. You can learn when this Policy was last revised by referring to the "Last Updated" legend at the top of this page. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Internet, accessible through the Site. By continuing to use the Site following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time, please do not continue using the Site.
If you have any questions or concerns about MMD’s Policy or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.